Monday, September 15, 2008

Friends

I have been thinking a lot lately about my friends. I feel like everyone has gone on with their lives and moved away, some still remain here and close. As I have been thinking I realised that no matter how far away a friend moves nothing will ever happen to make them stop being your friend.. Even though most of my girls have gotten married and left me high and dry in this dating world alone I still love them.. I have fun memories with each and every person I have become close to and I will never forget any of these memories no matter what!

My Really good friend Shaye has been my friend since the 7th grade. I love her to death. We have been through thick and thin together. Many sleepless nights, and many nights driving home at 2 or 3 in the morning. She would always stay the night at my house on nights like that because she always had a curfew and I didn't. I think her mom started to catch on that she seemed to be at my house more then hers. Shaye Got her drivers license before I did so she spent most of her time driving me around. I ever convinced her to let me take her to work and take her car to "clean" it just so I could drive. We have been through some much together. I have had so many memories with Shaye that I would be here all night writing about them. Needless to say Shaye is a really good friend and will always be my best friend. Now Shaye is happily married and living in Arizona and I couldn't be happier for her.



Ashley and I have been friends since we were 10 years old! She even still has the party favor I gave her at my 10th birthday party! When Ash and I get together its like we never stop laughing. There were times where her mom would be trying to have a serious talk with us and we couldn't stop laughing and she would get so mad at us!! haha We have been through so much together from Vista nights driving home late with me and Shaye, to being my friend through beauty school (until she dropped out lol). In the summer of 05' Ash and I thought it would be fun to move to Utah together and take a step out into the real world of living on our own! We had so much fun out there we had to make our own dinners and do our own grocery shopping.. We learned this independent stuff together.. We learned a lot about each other and went through so much together and it has helped our friendship grow stronger. Ashley was my gym motivation, Business partner, Shopping buddy, pretty much my partner in crime.. And now Ashley is married and living in Texas for a little while. Love yah girl..




Corinn and I became friends my senior year in high school. I first thought she wasn't very nice and then one day in seminary I really needed a mirror so I could finish my make up so I sucked it up and asked if she had one that I could possibly borrow. Of course she did and its all history from there.. haha Corinn and I would ride to school every morning and annoy Kyle with me about his driving. One night when she stayed the night at my house it got hot so I opened up the window. I thought Corinn was asleep, but as soon as I layed back down to go to sleep she reached up and shut the window! lol We have always thought that was funny and still laugh about it.. She is an an awesome person we always just sit there and laugh at each other. We always seemed to come up with the most random sayings about the weirdest things.. I was able to go to Utah with her family to be at the temple when she got sealed to her husband. It was such a wonderful experience and I am so happy for her that she was able to do that. I am so grateful that Corinn had a mirror that day in seminary otherwise I dunno where this friendship would be =)

Andrea and Brooke are 2 amazing girls that I have become best friends with. We are all so different in our own ways but we all get along so well. We all understand each other very well and are pretty much have been together everyday for the past year! lol I have known Andrea since I was in 5Th grade but didn't really start hanging out all the time till last summer. She is such a fun girl and is an amazing hairstylist. I was so glad when she started working with me cause now we really do spend everyday single day together.. Brooke and I started hanging out this summer.. She was already friends with Andrea, and she was over at Andrea's one night and Brooke and I started watching the show MXC. We have never laughed so hard and that's when we became friends! Both Brooke and Andrea have been there for me through thick and thin and have been supportive of me. They made me realise I can really be myself and don't need to change for dumb guys or anyone else. They have made me feel comfortable with who I am. I couldn't ask for anyone better then these 2 girls this past year. From beach trips to learning how to wake board, my dumb moments, and my crying we have all been there for each other.
I didn't really have time to write about each and every person that I have ever crossed paths with but if I didn't include you I'm sorry don't take it personally it is late and I would be here
forever if I started writing about everyone! And there are many of my guy friends that have been there for me, been a shoulder to cry on, and supported me even if I made a stupid mistake, I don't think I need to name names but the ones that read this will understand it.. but these few girls have been on my mind a lot lately and I don't think they realise how much I really do care for them and appreciate everything they have done for me and I will never forget that. I feel truly blessed and am thankful for having met such wonderful people in my life to help me get through times where I have really needed someone.. I love all of you very much!! and I love all of my friends!! You all are AMAZING!!!

7 comments:

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

Thats an awesome post Mandi.. I love it :) I miss all our good times and and im sad we couldnt spend more time together when i was there.. You seemed to busy.. Hopefully we can hang out when i come home again for a few months. And dont worry, jus tbecause im married now, it doesnt mean i dont think about you constantly, cuz i do! Hope things are going good, i'll talk to you soon!
Love Ya!

In The Doghouse said...

I think that friends are an awesome thing to have. They are there for you when you need a shoulder to cry on as well as when you need a good laugh. I love to see the friendships that you girls make and keep, and the ups and downs, and ins and outs that they go through. It is so fun to just be an observer of it all!

Shaye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Porters said...

So glad that you are a blogger!! :) Stalk our blog anytime :)

Br00kE said...

no no Thank you! <3 you girlie

Andrea said...

good blog mandillia! Love you.

Greg Dowden said...

I didn't see my name in it! LOL! Jk! Its cute!